Monday 1 August 2011

Welcome

Welcome all to my new Science blog!

My name is Tim Witney and I'm a biologist working at Imperial College London on new methods to detect and monitor Cancer.  Over the next few months I hope to give a brief introduction to how we can gain valuable information on one of the World's most deadly diseases using new and exciting imaging techniques.  Where a simple x-ray can be used to detect a broken bone, these new methods are being developed to detect cancer itself and subsequently whether the cancer responds to treatment.

I hope to try and explain some of the work that I have published in a simple fashion that is easy to understand. Traditionally, the science community has found this quite hard work, so please bear with me.

While I'm at it, I should point you in the direction of the Comprehensive Cancer Imaging Website: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/comprehensive_cancer_imaging where you can find more information on the work we do, along with my own personal site: http://flavors.me/timwitney

No comments:

Post a Comment